Solomon agreed with the benefits of graceful aging, saying in Proverbs 16: 31 that “A gray head is a crown of glory; It is found in the way of righteousness,” and in Proverbs 20:29 that “The glory of young men is their strength, and the honor of old men is their gray hair” (NASB).
Likewise, I value the riches of aging and have a passion to help anyone taking part in this journey to do so in an optimal manner that best suits their needs.
In more than 35 years as a nurse, I’ve worked with hundreds of seniors and their families, and have been blessed to have them—and my parents—teach me valuable lessons about what graceful aging looks like.
There are many excellent resources available for seniors and their families today and I will guide you to them as needed. The devotional and disability travel offerings here are meant to encourage and empower you with a unique approach, because they:
- are created by a seasoned healthcare professional who has worked with many who have traveled the aging journey;
- are created by a daughter who has learned from her parents and helped them do the same;
- are created by someone who is traveling the graceful aging journey herself;
- are grounded in a faith-based approach; and
- embrace a mindset of empowerment that reminds you that the sky is still the limit.